Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Finally Friday

The day did not start off on the right note.

Well, actually, let me back up. It did because I got to sleep in a little bit, and because it was my telework day, I didn't have to worry about what I had to wear. I just rolled out of bed and went downstairs to turn on my work computer.

And then it was a grumpy morning.

My boss, who's been on vacation this past week, sent me an email to check on the status of a request. At the beginning of the week, the person responsible for the request said that he'd take care of it. He's been saying this since June (and it's now September!!). It's one thing if it was an internal issue, but when our external partners are wondering what's going on, that's not a good look. I IMed one of the directors to vent because I knew she was experiencing similar issues. She advised me to write an email with documentation to our senior director and cc my boss and her. UGH, gee, just what I want to be doing on a Friday morning. Tattling. Lovely.  On the other hand, don't keep promising me things for months and not do anything about it.

Today was my rest day so after I finished work stuff, I took a nap on the couch and then headed out to check in with my family. I went first to my cousin's house. My aunt happened to make some noodles. Oh, perfect, how did you know I hadn't eaten dinner yet? I hung out there for a while and said see you later to my other cousin that's flying back to Taiwan tomorrow. I then went two doors down to check in with my parents.

Now debating whether or not to go to CrossFit tomorrow morning...that'll be class #4 for the week!

0 comments :

Post a Comment