Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Rest Day and Day Off

Before I left work on Wednesday, I sent an email to my boss with a bunch of things for her to review on her first day back at the office after a week long trip to Switzerland.

And then I sent her a vacation day request this morning. #sorrynotsorry

It was good timing because I couldn't tear myself away from the Pope coverage on CNN. I watched his address to Congress, which was great to see a positive vibe there since it's not always that way with government, especially with a possible government shutdown looming.

My two favorite parts from the coverage today were:
  • When he finished his Congress address and went onto the Capital balcony. The sea of people just cheered for him. He had a few words, "I ask you all please to pray for me and if there among you those who do not believe or who cannot pray, I ask you please to send good wishes my way. Thank you very much and God bless America." I just about lost it, sitting on my couch.
  • Before I left to go to a family dinner, the Pope was at a school in Harlem and it was so cute to see him interacting with the children. They showed him their projects, and some kids showed him a smartboard. He had a little trouble getting used to the touchscreen, but it was cool to see him try. It was touching to see him light up and see that light reflected in everyone that he met at the school.
RJ was not as excited about the Pope coverage on tv.

0 comments :

Post a Comment