Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Volunteer Activity #3 of 2015

When the BA 5K folks posted the date for their race, I blocked it off on my calendar because I knew that I wanted to volunteer to do packet pick-up again. They were such nice people and since the shift was from 7:30-9:30 AM, by the time it was over, I still had a lot of my day left. I was touched that some of the organizers remembered me from last year. The former co-worker that was volunteering last year also was there and she gave me a few hugs (*feels*).

When my shift was over, I went over to my parents' house and caught up with Julie during a walk around the neighborhood. I also tried to use her Fitbit charger, thinking that maybe the reason why mine wasn't charging was because my charger was faulty.  Nope, still nothing. Blah.

Meh, it's okay. I got a really good workout in today and I don't need my Fitbit to validate that I did. I crushed my treadmill workout: 2.72 miles in 30 minutes (much better than the 2.6 miles I did last week). I was thinking at some point during the run that I would get tired or get a side stitch or something, but I was pretty steady and I didn't walk very much. I can see 3 miles in 30 minutes on the horizon! Then I did 2000 meters on the rowing machine and came home to do FitnessBlender's Total Body Strength Training with Dumbbells - Challenging Dynamic Superset Workout (fourth time this week...).  I'm beat, but it's a good tired feeling. :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment