Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Last Day at the Office

Today was my last full day in the office for a while (coming in every other week to check on the mail doesn't really count).  All my files got put in crates that will be moved to storage until the new floor is ready. 

Background: my organization is split into two buildings and they want to put us into one building.  We had to wait until we had the full floor in the main building before this could happen.  The plan is to renovate the main building level that we'll occupy.  In the meantime, essential personnel will be moved to my building and everyone else will be working from home for the next 3-4 months.  I had to give up my desk for a friend from Marketing and someone else, I can't remember.  Fine by me!  I'll miss seeing everyone on a full time basis, but at least there's office IM (Lync) and Facebook.
3 bottom ones are mine and the top one is Sadira's.

The best part of today was being able to draw on the walls in the building. It's rare that you can do that without getting in trouble.  Several people brought their kids to work so they could participate. My contribution to the office artwork was a picture of RJ, in all of his chubby kitty glory.  While I was in the main building, I also stopped by the kitchen where there was a bunch of stuff that people didn't want anymore.  I picked up some packing paper and bubble wrap.  Free shipping materials?  Yes, please!

After they fed us pizza for lunch, it was time to go home!  Yay for an easy day! :)

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

What fun to be able to draw on the walls. Your cat RJ looks great. Don't think I would be able to handle all that moving around...glad I am retired.

Post a Comment