Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aria's Baptism

Aria's Baptism: Today was my graduate school friend's baby's baptism.  I went to the church and walked straight into a Catholic mass...in Spanish.  I was ushered into a pew in the back that already had people in it and sat right in the middle.  Oh boy.  I wondered if other people were wondering "What is that chinita (Asian girl) doing here?"  I had a moment of panic like "Did I come on the right day?  What if the baptism was supposed to be on another Sunday?  Crap.  I left the invitation in the car and my phone is off.  Ok, I guess I'll listen to this service.  I have no idea what's going on.  Oh, we're standing now.  And we're saying stuff.  And we're sitting down."  I hope people didn't think I was rude for not kneeling or taking communion.  Eek.  Anyway, I saw Jessie's husband Joel take Aria out when she was getting fussy and I noticed that she was wearing a white dress.  Oh whew, I'm here on the right day.

After the service and most people filed out, I realized that's when the baptism was going to take place.  Aria was not having it, but after getting a bottle, she was much more content.  Since the service was in Spanish, I watched the people around me.  The little girl in front of me was doing to town, picking her nose.  I don't know what was more amusing: that or her mom (?) checking to see what she was going and then being subsequently horrified.

Friend duty: check.

Ebay: I sold some Stampín' Up markers that I bought last year.  I originally bought 12.  I kept 4 colors for myself and sold the rest.  Translation: bought 8 for $4, sold for $11.99.

Card: Here's the birthday card that I came up with today.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal
Paper: Die Cuts with a View- Mango Frost
Stamps: Studio G
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Marker: Stampin' Up in Rich Razzleberry
Stickers: Jolee's Boutique- Cupcakes

Song of the day: "Roar"- Katy Perry.  Heard this several times this week, but I didn't really pay attention to the lyrics until I was in the car, driving to the baptism.  It's a really good girl anthem song.

0 comments :

Post a Comment