Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Running in ATL

Well, the meeting today went fine.  I think I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the project though because it's all about evaluation and that's not something that I've dabbled in very much.  Also, this project is supposed to only take 30% of my time, but after this meeting, I have a feeling that it's going to be more than that.  Whatever.  I'll worry about it on Monday.

Getting home had been quite an adventure.  There were 4 of us total from my organization that went to this meeting.  One guy wanted to be dropped off at a train station so we did that and the 3 remaining people rushed to the airport.  Except we experienced 4:30 PM Friday traffic.  OMG, it was so stressful because the cars were just not moving.  Once the traffic let up, my boss zipped the rest of the way to the airport.

Except we had to return the rental car.  My coworker and I flew out of the rental car, basically ditching my boss (with her permission), and ran to the train that would bring us to the terminal.

Then we had to go through security, which was also a nightmare because while we had our boarding passes on our phones, the security guy directed us to the pre-TSA approved line.  But we weren't pre-TSA approved.  Ugh, it was awful because I thought it had something to do with my phone and so I rushed to print a new boarding pass and go to the regular TSA line.  I told Elizabeth to get to the gate (save yourself!!) and once I got through security, I ran in my flip flops and dress to the gate with about 10 minutes to spare before they started boarding us on the plane.

If I knew I'd be doing this much running today, I would have warmed up and done some running this past week.  Sheesh.

The good thing was that I got a whole aisle to myself.  Whew.  Never ever do I want to do that again!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment