Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

10 Year Reunion, Day 3


Wah, last day of the reunion. We ate breakfast at the hotel, checked out and then headed to campus one last time. Meg went to get coffee at Lexington Coffee and the rest of us went to the campus bookstore. Robyn made a comment yesterday that I found amusing, "Even though I'm working and I make good money, I still feel too poor for the bookstore." YES! Everything there is so pretty but expensive. Everyone except for Suzie bought clothes there yesterday...from the clearance section, hah.

I went to the section of notecards, and I found this book. I'll have to see if it's available at the library. Sounds like a book perfect for me! :)

Then it was time to get back on the road. We got about 1.5 hours in before we stopped for lunch at a Johnny Appleseed restaurant. There was a somewhat creepy statue of him outside. Suzie pushed the button next to him and an equally creepy voice gave us a short bio of Johnny Appleseed.
Then we got on the road and I felt like we were at Meg's place in no time (that's probably because I also fell asleep). One funny thing that was said during the trip home was when Suzie repeated a conversation that we had about our favorite characters in Inside Out. "Mine was Sadness. Tina's was Anger or Disgust." (silence...then laughter) Meg- "Should we be concerned??" I liked Anger! He was funny!

Once we dropped Meg off at her apartment, we went to Robyn's place and she dropped Suzie and I at the Metro and then it was another hour back to my place. It felt like an Odyssey.  Suzie ended up getting some Pacci's and then we watched the last remaining episodes of the Great British Baking Show until it was time to go to bed.

What a whirlwind weekend! I can't believe that I have to go to work tomorrow. I mean, I suppose I could stay home, but Michelle said that she was going to bring me leftover meatballs from her housewarming party this past weekend.

0 comments :

Post a Comment