Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Stuffed Peppers, CrossFit and New Nails

I decided to take today and tomorrow off, making this Columbus Day holiday a little longer. Mwah ha ha.

It was nice to be able to go back to sleep after my 5:30 AM wake-up call from RJ. Except I was woken up again around 8:30 AM by the neighbor slamming something next door and his kid crying. It was really jarring. WTH?!!  What could really be that bad that you had to be so loud and scary first thing in the morning?

Once I got moving, I ate breakfast and went to the grocery store to get supplies for Old El Paso Back-to-School // Enchilada-Style Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers (Recipe #5 of 2015). I found the recipe when I was scrolling through Tastespotting a few days ago, and conveniently peppers were on sale. I used green lentils instead of French ones because that's what I had in my cabinet already, and I also tossed in a can of chick peas for some protein. While they were in the oven, I vacuumed the house (multi-tasking at its best). I ate two of them for lunch, delicious!
Before
After. (P.S. Everything is better with a layer of cheese)
I went to 5:15 PM CrossFit. I was sitting in one of the folding chairs, checking emails and Maria came through the door. "TIIINAAA, I'm so happy to see you!" She was worried she wouldn't know anyone in class since she's part of the morning crew. Aw. :) I think it's so cool that I've been able to develop these relationships with people in such a short time. It's all the sweat and struggle that brings us together, hah. We worked on our pushups and then for the AMRAP, we did dumbbell thrusters and burpees to a target. I picked up the 15 lbs for the thrusters and about halfway, I was tempted to get the 10 lb ones but they were all taken. Okayyyy, just gotta push through it. Whew!  Then I went to spin class afterwards and my parents' house to check in.

When we were stretching, Maria complimented me on my burpees and said they were "graceful." Hah, it sure didnt't feel graceful.  I joked that it sounded like a pick-up line. We laughed and laughed about it, probably from exhaustion. "Ha ha, yes! It's like a pick-up line only CrossFitters would use."

Oh, I did my nails yesterday. OPI-Onyx and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep with Bundle Monster plate #314.

0 comments :

Post a Comment