Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

New Birthday Card

6:30 AM CrossFit, here we go! Today we worked on our push presses. I upped my weight from 65 to 70 lbs. Considering I started at 45 lbs at the end of September, this is considerable progress. Next week is test week, and I'm looking forward to see how my 1 rep max  goes...I'm hoping for 80 or 85 lbs. Oh, the suspense! :)

I had to head over to the DoubleTree hotel for a meeting this afternoon with some of the Board of Directors and other VIPs. One of them told me they had saved me a seat. "So, how have you been?" I told her about my trip to my college reunion. At the end, "Did you find love at the reunion?" Uhh, no. Most of the guys there were married, fathers, and/or brought their girlfriend. I think it's amusing that every so often, my love life (or reminder of a lack of one) comes up at work, not just with my boss, but with partners/members too. Everyone wants to see me married off.  Meanwhile, I'm perfectly content being a cat lady.

My friend Diana's birthday is on Saturday (yes, Halloween) and I made a card tonight to send to her. I used this rose stamp that I hadn't used in a while, used some black embossing powder and Distress Inks as watercolors. I think the use of more colors make the flowers on the card come to life.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Mustard Seed, Fired Brick, Broken China, Tattered Rose, Peeled Paint
Stamp: Peddler's Pack Stampworks- Rose Background
Other: Liquid Pearl in Buttercup
Paper: Die Cuts with a View
Rub-on: Stampin' Up- Chit Chat (sentiment)

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Oh wow, Tina, that card is gorgeous! Love love love!

Post a Comment