Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sad Day, Happy Day

Today was a sad day and a happy day at the same time.

My coworker Kara's last day was today, and while I had planned to work at home, I decided to go to the office and give her a proper goodbye. I also wanted to see her expression when she opened the card that everyone signed for her. Her team also gave her a goodie bag of library related things: I Work at a Public Library, a tumbler that said Librarian: the Original Search Engine, and a necklace with a pendant that said "I love the smell of books."

I ran out of work around 4 PM to go pick Suzie up at the subway station. We got Indian food for dinner, and she introduced me to the Great British Baking Show on Netflix. The contestants on this show seemed a lot more charming than ones seen in American Shows. Watching several episodes of it makes me want to up my baking game, i.e. venturing into making bread (I don't know what to do with yeast!).

I also did my nails in the spirit of Halloween and going to my reunion tomorrow.

0 comments :

Post a Comment