Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ouch at CrossFit

It was nice to be able to sleep in a little bit today...

Well, by sleep in, I really mean is wake up at 5:30 AM to a demanding cat and feed him breakfast and then go back to sleep for another 2 hours before having to get up to get ready for work.

Today at CrossFit, we worked on our hang squat cleans. There are several steps to the movement and sometimes I just think too hard. I lifted the bar too high today and banged myself on the chin. Holy ****, that hurt! I mean, not enough that I'd see stars and birds flying over my head, but enough that I had to pause for a moment and take a few deep breaths.

The coach called me a trooper. Yeah, well, I don't really feel like one at that moment. Owowow.

Anyway, I increased my weight from 60 to 65 lbs, so I was happy about that.

Although, now that I'm writing this blog post and it's been a few hours since class, my jaw is feeling sore. BLAH!

To balance out all the Halloween candy that I've been eating, I went to 6:30 PM spin class too. I didn't go as intensely as I usually do because everything honestly felt like jello (the Metcon today was 6 push presses + 10 lunges...7 rounds and I did it with 50 lbs).
I eyed the spotty bananas sitting on my kitchen counter when I got home and decided to make some chocolate chip banana bread. I can bring some to the office tomorrow to share, at least with my boss because she was nice enough to bring me back some chocolate back from her trip to Switzerland. Hopefully I don't eat it all at once because this is some good stuff.

0 comments :

Post a Comment